The Ancient Wines Club
As professional archaeologists, educators, and wine professionals, we are dedicated to exploring the intersections of wine, history, mythology, and archaeology in the ancient world. To share this passion, we present the Ancient Wines Club, a bi-monthly wine club that promotes and explores the kinds of delicious, interesting, and historically-connected wines that we regularly feature in our wine seminar events.
The Ancient Wines Club is delivered every other month and features 3 wines with direct connections to the history, archaeology, mythology, and geography of the ancient Mediterranean world, along with detailed tasting and historical notes.
Other past Ancient Wines Club topics include the following, just to name a few:
The Goddess & The Grape: The Wines of Demeter
Minerals & Monuments: Terroirs of Ancient Egypt
Conquest on the Waves: The Wines of the First Punic War
The Wines of Alexander the Great
The Wines of Orpheus, Musician of the Gods
Each club is billed at $75 per shipment, plus applicable taxes and shipping costs.
Ancient Wines Club Features
- 3 hand-selected, historically important, and delicious wines
- PhD-written essays about the club topic's history, geography, and archaeology
- Expert-level wine write-ups and pairing advice
- A customized Ancient Wine Guys binder to collect and save your write-ups
Ancient Wines Club Benefits
- 15% discount on all future wine purchases from Ancient Wine Guys
- Discounts on all Ancient Wine Guys events and tastings
- Exclusive access to wines imported specifically for Ancient Wine Guys
How It WorksWines are billed and shipped at the beginning of every second month (January, March, June, etc.)Members can cancel or skip a shipment any time.Also available for SF Bay Area Members: Local/Hand Delivery by Dana, Ti, or Ryan!Sign up Now!You must be 21+ years of age to sign up for the club. An adult signature and proof of age are required for delivery.